22 November 2008

Plates

Cool, rainy and windy in Nof Yam today -- just the way I like it.

I'm short on interesting content today, so here are what the vehicle license plates look like over here:

First, the generic Israeli plate. Black on yellow, and the "IL" designation on the left:


Next, the Palestinian plate. You won't see one of these unless you're in the West Bank. Green on white with the "P" designation on the right below an Arabic script:


Finally, the very interesting and rare diplomat plate. This one gets you "God Mode" on parking spots and probably other goodies we don't know about. You must be operating in a documented diplomatic capacity to have these. I have an ex-diplomat car, but I have the yellow Israeli plates.

Black on white. Note the lack of nationality designation.


It's worth mentioning that if you need to change your license plates, you have to do it all at once: If a plateless car is seen parked anywhere, the police will assume it's a terrorist car and blow it up.

Early Thanksgiving bash at the Superintendent's house tonight. The Thanksgiving holiday next week is 4 days off at our school, just like in the US, but many people choose to go on trips, hence the early party. For the holiday, we're having a few low-caliber Thanksgiving dinners in our places, and inviting some Israeli friends.

1 comment:

matt said...

Plate post. easily the best yet