This year, in Tel Aviv, the quiet buildings stood like sentinels. It felt like after hours on a movie set or a post-apocalyptic alternate reality. Here is a small photo-log of this singular day for 2009:
This kid was going about 20km/h on his little scooter.
I saw this Vespa parked in the same spot 12 hours later:
The Kaplan interchange. Easily the busiest intersection in the city. Here we have a rare emergency vehicle.
Obligatory "I was here" self-shot, seated on the Ayalon freeway.
HaShalom train station. Deserted, but eerily lit.
This little guy on the right was brought to a Yom Kippur service, but wandered across the street.
A shot from the Gesher Ma'ariv flyover:
And the same flyover. This guy was doing photography of the buildings in the distance.
The next day -- again, at the Kaplan interchange. Spot me in each photo:
2 comments:
Wow! It's like the Times Square scene from Vanilla Sky when everything's deserted. Cool pix!
I remember your pix from last year. What a completely unique experience!
Post a Comment